The Executive Assistant supports the Executive Leadership Team. This role will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, prepare and organize important legal and strategic materials and plans, and support board meetings and the preparation of board materials. This role serves as the eyes and ears for the President, connecting organizations, projects, ensuring meetings and materials are efficient and effective and serves as a trusted partner to deliver against the priorities of the business.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the Executive Team's needs. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and leaders that report to the President. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Leadership Team to support all aspects of daily work routine.
- Maintain the President's calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, and communication of various projects.
- Assist in the Leadership Team's activities and processes including project planning, intake, prioritization, initiation, execution, and training; as well as in fostering collaboration of end-users and key stakeholders.
- Assist the Leadership Team in the development of presentations and white papers for internal and external audiences.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the Leadership Team; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the Leadership Team advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties.
- Handle printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages.
- Sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories.
- Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- Transcribe source material, prepare documents, reports, tables and charts; distribute as appropriate.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, financial spreadsheets, special reports, and agenda material.
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or Executives as needed.
- Degree from a 2 or 4-year school or equivalent experience preferred, but not required.
- Three to five years’ prior experience in supporting a senior executive or team
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Position in Waco, TX
- Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm
- Minimal physical requirements are required.